- Main article: Canola
- Main article: Prices (Farming Simulator 2013)
Canola is the grain that sells for the most at any selling point while having the lowest yield per hectare. For comparison against wheat, barley yields ~92% of wheat, canola yields half and corn yields the same. Canola is an excellent choice for your fields further frome combines and tippers fill up half as fast.
- Plow or cultivate the field;
- Sow canola seeds using suitable sowing machine;
- Fertilize your field. This step is optional but strongly recommended as it will double the yield;
- Harvest with any combine harvester and a normal header;
- Plow or cultivate the field again to remove stubbles from it, and sow anew.
Tip: If you have a dual-purpose sowing machine like AMAZONE Condor 15001, you will do step #1 while doing step #2 automatically.
Fertilized and unfertilized canola brings you 12,000 and 6,000 litres per hectare respectively.
|Growth stage 1||7hrs*||10hrs|
|Growth stage 2||13hrs|
|Growth stage 3||18hrs|
|Harvest stage 1||17-23hrs*||23hrs|
|Harvest stage 2||28hrs|
|Harvest stage 3||34hrs|
- Tested at 120x time on a 24C sunny day. All times can change due to weather.
- On fast growth setting reaching harvest stage 1 took 17 In game hours on a day when it was 28C and 23 In game hours when it was 18C.