The Case IH Magnum CVX is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is the largest of the large-class tractors, nearly as powerful as a semi-trailer Truck. The Magnum CVX comes by default with a very expensive Crawler Track which does not seem to increase its performance. The tractor is expensive even with the Crawler Track removed. Its other upgrades also make it difficult for this tractor to compete with others of its class.
- Good Acceleration: The Magnum CVX's engine is powerful enough to cope easily with the tractor's weight, giving it good acceleration.
- Average Top Speed: The Magnum CVX is not a notably fast tractor, but it is the largest and strongest tractor capable of reaching 53 km/h / 32 mph.
- Default Crawler Track: The listed price of the Magnum CVX includes a $20,000 Crawler Track which does little to nothing in increasing its performance.
- Expensive: Even without the superfluous Crawler Track, the Magnum CVX is very expensive compared to other tractors of its size - by several dozen thousand dollars.
- Only One Engine Upgrade: The Magnum CVX only allows one engine upgrade. While the upgrade is very cheap, it is not a very strong upgrade at all. The Magnum CVX is not even the strongest large-class tractor, once upgrades are taken into account.
Engine Setup Edit
- 340 CVX: No change to engine power.
- 380 CVX (+$13,000 and +$26/d): Increases engine power output to 320 kW / 435 hp, making it one of the stronger large-size tractors.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Crawler Track (+$20,000): Replaces the vehicle's rear wheels with a caterpillar track system. Despite the price, this does not seem to have any impact on the vehicle's performance in the field or on the road. NOTE: This upgrade is installed by default when viewing the tractor for purchase. To avoid the $20,000 cost, you need to manually replace it with one of the other options below.
- Standard: A set of basic wheels.
- Wheel Weights (+$1,800): Attaches heavy weights to the rims of the tractor's rear wheels. Acts as a built-in Weight.
- Wide Tires (+$1,800): Slightly wider tires give a bit of extra stability.
- Narrow Twin Wheels (+$4,000): Replaces all of the vehicle's standard wheels with four pairs of Narrow Wheels. This only slightly increases the tractor's stability and width over "Wide Tires".
- Price: $332,000 *
- Maintenance Cost: $480 / day
- Leasing Costs: $6,640 + $16,600/h + $3,320/d
- Engine Power: 301 kW / 409 hp
- Max. Speed: 53 km/h / 32 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 678 L
- Front Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 12,536 kg
( * This price does not include the "default" Crawler Track upgrade, which adds $20,000 )