The Case IH Quadtrac is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a super-large tractor, as powerful as a Semi-Trailer Truck and capable of operating a super-heavy Plow with little difficulty. With both engine upgrades installed, the Quadtrac is the single strongest tractor available in the base game, and one of the strongest vehicles of any type. Additionally, it is the only tractor featuring two sets of Crawler Tracks (which cannot be replaced).
- Extremely Powerful Engine Upgrades: Although the Quadtrac's default engine is slightly weaker than the Challenger MT900E, its engine upgrades are extremely powerful - and will make the Quadtrac the single most powerful tractor available in the base game. It should have no problem towing any piece of equipment or loaded tipper.
- Dual Crawler Tracks: The Quadtrac is the only vehicle that features both front and rear Crawler Tracks. Unfortunately these do not give any discernible performance advantage (in fact, they reduce performance), but they are definitely unique and cool-looking. They do not cost anything extra, and cannot be replaced.
- No Wheel Customization: The Quadtrac's caterpillar tracks cannot be replaced or altered in any way to increase the vehicle's stability or reduce its width.
- Slow Turns: The Quadtrac's caterpillar tracks reduce its speed rapidly whenever it turns.
- Articulated: The Quadtrac has an articulated body - The cabin and engine sections rotate relative to one another whenever the vehicle turns. This can make driving more difficult and confusing, and makes it more difficult to quickly hitch up to a trailer or implement.
- No Front Three-point Hitch: Like all other super-large tractors, the Quadtrac's only Three-point hitch attachment is at the back.
- No Rear Bolt Attachment: The Quadtrac's only Drawbar (Bolt) attachment point is at the front.
Engine Setup Edit
- Quadtrac 470: No change to engine power.
- Quadtrac 540 (+$44,000 and +$88/d): Increases engine power output to 451 kW / 613 hp - stronger than any Semi-Trailer Truck.
- Quadtrac 620 (+$83,500 and +$167/d): Increases engine power output to 509 kW / 692 hp - the highest power output of any tractor, and one of the highest outputs of any vehicle in the game.
- Price: $412,000
- Maintenance Cost: $630 / day
- Leasing Costs: $8,240 + $20,600/h + $4,120/d
- Engine Power: 386 kW / 525 hp
- Max. Speed: 43 km/h / 26 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 1880 L
- Front Attachments: Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball)
- Mass: 21,919 kg