The DFM TR3200 is a combination Tree Cutter / Log Fork in Farming Simulator 17. It can only be fitted to a Tractor, and does not require a Front Loading Arm. The TR3200 is the cheapest of all Tree Cutters, but has several physical limitations due to not being installed on an arm.
- Cheap: The TR3200 is significantly cheaper than any other Tree Cutter, by a margin of several thousand dollars. Since you can also attach it directly to a Tractor you already own (assuming you own a suitable one), this reduces its overall cost even further. It is still almost 5 times more expensive than a Chainsaw, nonetheless.
- Fork: The TR3200 has two hydraulic teeth like a Log Fork, which can grab fallen Logs and rearrange them on the ground into stacks.
- Low Lifter: The TR3200 cannot be lifted high enough to place a Log onto a transport. It can effectively rearrange logs on the ground, for other machines to pick up, but can't load transports on its own.
- Can't Remove Branches: The TR3200 cannot remove branches from the trees it cuts down.
- Very Small: When lifting logs, the TR3200 may only be able to fit no more than a single slim log.
- Unstable: The TR3200 only has two "teeth" at the bottom, and they are not set very wide apart. As a result, once you've picked up a log, it's hard to hold the log stable and horizontal.
- Tractor-Only Attachment: The TR3200 can only be attached to Tractors. These machines are not terribly suitable for Forestry work, because of their unstable shape and weight. They may struggle with heavy log-lifting and have a hard time maneuvering in dense forests.
Gameplay Note Edit
The store lists this tool as having a Maximum Work Speed of 10 km/h / 6 mph. This does not apply in-game. Activating the tool, however, does take power from the Skid Steer, reducing its acceleration.
- Price: $5,400
- Maintenance Cost: $20 / day
- Leasing Costs: $108 + $270/h + $54/d
- Power Intake: 22 kW / 30 hp
- Attachment Point: Three-point hitch
- Mass: 355 kg