The Damcon PL-75 is a type of Tree Planter in Farming Simulator 17. It is the only such tool available in the base game. It can only carry one Pallet, and has an abysmally low working speed, but it also has absolutely no competition.
- Cheap: The Damcon PL-75 costs only $26,000 to purchase, and barely any money to maintain. This makes tree-planting very accessible in the early game.
- Very Slow: The PL-75 enforces a maximum speed of 5 km/h / 3 mph while working. This makes it painfully slow, especially when planting Poplars. This is in direct proportion to the huge potential profit from the Poplar harvest.
- Very Narrow: When planting Poplars, The PL-75 has a working width of only 0.8 meters - the narrowest of any tool in the game. Furthermore, Hired Workers treat the tool as though it has a working area of 2.4 meters, and will therefore sow poplars in rows with 1.6 meter gaps between them. These gaps are not actually mandatory, and can be rectified to some degree by processing the field a second time, planting additional Poplars in the gaps.
- Low Capacity: The PL-75 can only carry one Pallet of saplings at any given time. A single pallet does not contain enough saplings to plant an entire acre of Poplars. This means that the PL-75 often needs to be refilled in the middle of its planting work. This can lead to problems when using a Hired Worker, as explained here.
- Permanent Cargo: Once a Pallet has been loaded into the PL-75, it cannot be ejected, replaced, or refilled. The pallet will only be removed once its entire contents have been planted. One important result of this is that you cannot go from planting Poplars to planting Pine Trees while there are still poplars in the machine, and vice versa.
- Price: $26,000
- Maintenance Cost: $10 / day
- Leasing Costs: $520 + $1,300/h + $260/d
- Max. Working Speed: 5 km/h / 3 mph
- Input Materials: Sapling Pallets
- Capacity: 1 Pallet
- Working Width: 0.8 meters
- Power Consumption: 65 kW / 88 hp
- Attachment Point: Three-point hitch
- Mass: 1,493 kg