The Deutz Fahr Series 9 is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a mid-large tractor, suitable for using heavy implements and towing loaded tippers. The Series 9 is one of the strongest tractors that can reach a speed of 63 km/h / 39 mph, but unfortunately its available engine upgrades are very weak and cannot compete with other mid-large tractors. It is overall a somewhat cheap choice for operating late-game heavy machinery, and may struggle with large fully-loaded tippers.
- Fast: The Series 9 is the second-to-last largest tractor that can reach 63 km/h / 39 mph, making it a good tractor for towing heavy machinery and tippers from place to place rapidly.
- Cheap: The series 9 costs relatively little given its high top speed and horsepower, compared to other tractors of its size category. Its engine and wheel upgrades are also very cheap - although correspondingly weak.
- Poor Engine Upgrades: While the Series 9's engine upgrades are very cheap, they are also very weak. The tractor gains only 40 horse-power in total (about 15% of its starting strength) with both upgrades installed - making it a poor competitor with other mid-large tractors.
- Poor Acceleration: The Series 9 is very heavy for its size, putting a strain on the engine when accelerating. Due to the weak engine upgrades, this problem cannot be solved easily.
Engine Setup Edit
- 9290 TTV: No change to engine power.
- 9310 TTV (+$8,500 and +$17/d): Increases engine power output to 229 kW / 312 hp - an average strength for large tractors. This makes the Series 9 a little more comfortable with performing heavy duties of all kinds.
- 9340 TTV (+$20,500 and +$41/d): Increases engine power output to 247 kW / 336 hp.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Standard: A set of basic wheels.
- Wheel Weights (+$1,300): Attaches heavy weights to the rims of the tractor's rear wheels. Acts as a built-in Weight.
- Wide Tires (+$2,800): Slightly wider tires give a bit of extra stability.
- Twin Wheels (+$5,400): Adds one additional basic wheels on the outside of each exiting wheel, giving the tractor a total of 8 wheels. This significantly increases the tractor's stability, reducing the chance of tipping over during sharp turns.
- Price: $245,000
- Maintenance Cost: $350 / day
- Leasing Costs: $4,900 + $12,250/h + $2,450/d
- Engine Power: 217 kW / 295 hp
- Max. Speed: 63 km/h / 39 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 600 L
- Front Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 12,029 kg