The Fliegl ASS 298 is a Tipper available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a large-class tipper with a Fifth Wheel attachment, designed to be towed by a Truck. Its low design allows it to service a small harvester like the New Holland TC5.90. It is also surprsingly light when empty.
- Barely Low Enough: The ASS 298 is the largest Tipper model that is low enough to be filled (with precision driving) by a New Holland TC5.90 harvester. The offloading pipe on smaller Harvesters cannot get over the ASS 298's side walls.
- Relatively Light when Empty: The ASS 298 weighs only 7.5 tons when empty, which is about 30% less than tippers of comparable size. This makes it suitable for towing by smaller Truck models or Large-class Tractors - although it is still very heavy when full of cargo.
- Fifth Wheel Attachment: The ASS 298 has a Fifth Wheel attachment point, specifically designed to be hooked directly to a Truck. It can still be hooked to a Tractor using a Dolly adapter, but this also makes it much harder to maneuver the ASS 298 when driving in reverse.
- No Rear Attachment Point: The ASS 298 does not have any attachment points at the rear. If you want to hook it up in a chain, it has to be the rearmost Tipper.
- No Side Unloading: The ASS 298 cannot unload to either side. It can only unload through its rear door or through a small grain door.