The Grimme FT 300 is a type of Sugar Beet Haulm Topper in Farming Simulator 17. It is the only stand-alone Haulm Topper in the game, but has direct competition with the Holmer Exxact Terra Dos T4-40, a type of Sugar Beet Combine Harvester. Of these two, the FT 300 is far cheaper, but also significantly narrower. The FT 300 can be coupled with the Grimme Rootster 604 to perform both Sugar Beet harvesting tasks simultaneously.
- Cheap: The FT 300 costs only $17,000. Compare this with the Holmer Exxact Terra Dos T4-40, which costs $495,000. Of course, if you want to perform all functions of the Terra Dos T4-40, you must purchase the FT 300 together with a Grimme Rootster 604 for an extra $88,000, as well as a suitable Tractor to pull both machines (assuming you don't already own one).
- Haulm Topping Only: The FT 300's only function is to cut the haulms off a Sugar Beet crop. It does not collect the beets from the ground. For that you need a Grimme Rootster 604. Fortunately, you can attach both of these tools together to a single Tractor, cutting the haulms and collecting the beets in a single go.
- Narrow: The FT 300 has a Working Width of 2.9 meters, which is 1.1 meters less than the Holmer Exxact HR 9 combine harvester header. The FT 300 will therefore complete the same harvest nearly 30% slower than a Sugar Beet Combine Harvester.
Other Notes Edit
The FT 300 has a Three-point hitch, and can potentially be attached to either the front or rear of a Tractor. It works fine when mounted on either side of the Tractor, but it is easier to use when mounted on the front.
Nonetheless, if you want to use a FT 300 together with a Grimme Rootster 604, the FT 300 must be attached to the front of the tractor (because the Rootster 604 can only be attached to the rear).
- Price: $17,000
- Maintenance Cost: $20 / day
- Leasing Costs: $340 + $850/h + $170/d
- Crop Types: Sugar Beet
- Power Consumption: 25 kW / 34 hp
- Max. Working Speed: 15 km/h / 9 mph
- Tool Attachment Type: Three-point hitch
- Working Width: 2.9m
- Mass: 887 kg