The Grimme Tectron 415 is a type of Potato Combine Harvester in Farming Simulator 17. It is the only self-propelled Potato harvester in the game, capable of cutting the Haulms off ripe potatoes and then immediately digging the potatoes out of the ground. It nevertheless is in direct competition with the Grimme KS 75-4 and Grimme SE 260 - tools that can each perform only one part of that job. The Tectron 415 is significantly more expensive than both of those tools, but is also significantly better for the job.
- Combined Action: The Tectron 415 is designed to perform all tasks related to the Potato harvest simultaneously. It is self-propelled and completely self-sufficient, which means it does not require purchasing or installing any other tools.
- Wide: The Tectron 415 has the widest Potato harvesting head in the base game. It is wider than both the Grimme KS 75-4 and Grimme SE 260, and can therefore complete the same job faster.
- Maneuverable: The Tectron 415 sits on top of a single pair of tracks, and has a couple of wheels at the back for steering. This set-up gives it a very small turning radius (especially compared to its massive size), allowing it to make precision maneuvers.
- Precise: Since the Tectron 415 cuts the potato haulms and collects them using the same header (situated at the front of the vehicle), it has no issues with precision or tool-width mismatch - unlike the Grimme KS 75-4 and Grimme SE 260. Read the articles on those tools for additional information.
- Large Capacity: The Tectron 415 can collect twice as many potatoes compared to the Grimme SE 260 before it needs to be emptied. This speeds up the harvest considerably, since you don't need to unload it as often.
- Expensive: The Tectron 415 costs a whopping $429,000. Compare this to the Grimme KS 75-4 and Grimme SE 260, which cost only $121,000 together (not including a Tractor to use them, assuming you don't already own one). This is a huge price disparity.
- Very High Maintenance: The Tectron 415 has one of the highest maintenance costs in the game, at $1,290 per day. If you don't have a lot of work for it to do, it can waste quite a bit of money just sitting around.
- Slow Transport: When not working, the Tectron 415 has a maximum speed of 27 km/h / 15 mph. Moving this machine from field to field - especially if your Potato fields are far apart from one another - can be frustratingly slow. Consider purchasing a Low Loader if you need to move it around a lot.
- Price: $429,000
- Maintenance Cost: $1,290 / day
- Leasing Costs: $8,580 + $21,450/h + $4,290/d
- Crop Types: Potato
- Engine Power: 365 kW / 496 hp
- Max. Speed: 27 km/h / 16 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Max. Working Speed: 10 km/h / 6 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 920 L
- Crop Capacity: 20,000 L
- Working Width: 3.3m
- Attachments: None.
- Mass: 36,185 kg