There are many different types of Headers in Farming Simulator 17. Each type can only be fitted on one specific type of Harvester, and performs a unique function when used.
- Grain Headers cut Wheat, Barley, Canola, and Soybeans.
- Corn/Sunflower Headers cut Corn and Sunflowers
- Sunflower-Only Headers can only cut Sunflowers, but are considerably faster.
- Mounted only on Forage Harvesters. Used mostly to cut Crops, but collect a different product than the default.
- Corn Chaff Headers cut Corn, and produce a massive amount of Chaff.
- Universal Cutters can cut Wheat, Barley, Canola and Soybean to produce mediocre quantities of Chaff. They can also cut Grass, similar to a Mower.
- Poplar Headers cut Poplars, and produce a massive amount of Wood Chips.
- Pickup Headers collect Grass, Hay or Straw from Piles on the ground.