The Heizomat HM 4-300 is a type of Wood Chipper in Farming Simulator 17. It is the smallest and cheapest Wood Chipper model available in the base game. Its main disadvantage is that it can only work with narrow Logs, such as those produced from smaller or younger trees, making it useful mainly for early-game logging.
- Cheapest: The HM 4-300 is the cheapest Wood Chipper in the base game, costing less than half as much as the next pricier model.
- Low Power Consumption: The HM 4-300 requires only 30 Horsepower, which means that practically any vehicle can activate this machine. It is also very light, and can be towed by any machine equally well.
- Small: The HM 4-300 is a very small tool, and will cause no problems when navigating through dense forests.
- Outflow Pipe: The HM 4-300 unloads its Wood Chips through a rotating outflow pipe which will automatically aim itself towards any valid Container it can find nearby. You can fill the largest Tippers with ease just by placing them next to this machine.
- Log Width Limit: On the HM 4-300, the opening into the grinding chamber is about 0.35 meters wide. Any log that is thicker than this cannot be fed into the machine. 0.3-meter-wide (or narrower) logs can only be created from small or young trees, or cut off the top of fully-grown trees. As a result, this Wood Chipper is not suitable for working in forests, where most trees are very large. When growing your own trees, you'll need to cut them down early if you want to feed them into this machine. Note that many of the trees growing next to fields are rather small, so the Heizomat HM 4-300 might be useful when trying to clear those away.
- No Internal Holding Tank: The HM 4-300 has no internal holding tank - it must dump all Wood Chips into a container (or on the ground), otherwise the wood chips will be completely lost. If no valid container is nearby, consider setting the machine to Unload Here HM 4-300: Unload HereDefault Buttons: Ctrl + I ?? ?? so that the wood chips will be dumped on the ground in a Pile. Failure to do so will result in wasted Logs.
- Price: $28,000
- Maintenance Cost: $50 / day
- Leasing Costs: $560 + $1,400/h + $280/d
- Input Materials: Logs
- Max. Log Width: ~0.35
- Output: Wood Chips
- Output Method: Automatic Pipe
- Temporary Storage Capacity: None.
- Attachment Points: Drawbar (Bolt)
- Power Consumption: 22 kW / 30 hp
- Mass: 1,850 kg