The Jenz HEM 583 Z is a type of Wood Chipper in Farming Simulator 17. It is the most expensive of all mobile Wood Chippers in the base game. The HEM 583 Z is equipped with a crane arm that can load logs into the machine without help. On the other hand, it is exceptionally heavy and power-hungry, requiring a strong Tractor to tow and operate it.
- Crane Arm: The HEM 583 Z is fitted with a hydraulic crane arm and claw, which can be used to pick up Logs and feed them right into the grinding chamber. This removes the need for a separate Loader to feed those logs in.
- Support Legs: The HEM 583 Z has a pair of support legs underneath the crane assembly, which can be extended in order to stabilize the machine when it is lifting Logs. To extend the legs, switch to the "Support" control group Jenz HEM 583 Z: Change Control GroupDefault Buttons: L.Ctrl + Z ?? ?? and use the button combination to extend or retract as needed Jenz HEM 583 Z: Extend LegsDefault Buttons: LMB + Drag Up/Down ?? ??. Don't extend too far - you don't want the legs to lift the machine's front wheels off the ground.
- Outflow Pipe: The HEM 583 Z unloads its Wood Chips through a rotating outflow pipe which will automatically aim itself towards any valid Container it can find nearby. You can fill the largest Tippers with ease just by placing them next to this machine.
- Rear Attachment Point: The HEM 583 Z has a Drawbar (Bolt) attachment point at the rear, which allows another trailer to be attached to it. This can be used, for example, to tow the HEM 583 Z together with a small Tipper that it can fill.
- Power Hungry: The HEM 583 Z must be connected to a vehicle in order to be activated. Furthermore, the vehicle needs at least 190 hp to run the machine, and around 243 hp to move it while it's running. This requires at least a Medium Tractor, and the fuel consumption rate will be respectively high.
- Heavy: Additionally to the previous point, the HEM 583 Z weighs 18.7 tons, and cannot easily be towed by smaller vehicles.
- Price: $88,000
- Maintenance Cost: $130 / day
- Leasing Costs: $1,760 + $4,400/h + $880/d
- Input Materials: Logs
- Max. Log Width: No effective limit
- Output: Wood Chips
- Output Method: Automatic Pipe
- Temporary Storage Capacity: 5,000 Liters
- Front Attachment Points: Drawbar (Ball)
- Rear Attachment Points: Drawbar (Bolt)
- Power Consumption: 180 kW / 243 hp
- Mass: 18,765 kg