The Liebherr L 538 is a Wheel Loader available in Farming Simulator 17. Of the two available Wheel Loaders in the game, this one is the cheapest. It can still work with the same tools as the larger JCB 435S, but the L 538's weaker engine and significantly-heavier frame gives it terrible acceleration.
- Cheap: The L 538 is the cheaper of the two Wheel Loaders available in the base game.
- Weight Stability: The L 538 is an extremely heavy vehicle, and will not flip over under normal circumstances.
- Poor Acceleration: The L 538's weight is massive compared to its engine power - weighing more than 3 times as much as an equivalent-strength Tractor. As a result, it accelerates very slowly, whether forwards or backwards. Furthermore, this excessive weight makes it very difficult for the L 538 to tow any heavy equipment.
- Articulated: The L 538 has an articulated body - The cabin and engine sections rotate relative to one another whenever the vehicle turns. It requires skill to maneuver properly in tight spaces or with any precision.
- Shorter Arm: The L 538's hydraulic arm is about 20% shorter than the arm of a JCB 435S.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Standard: A set of basic wheels.
- Front Twin Wheels: (+$5,400): Adds an extra wheel on the outside of each of the front wheels, giving a total of four front wheels. This makes the vehicle extremely stable, but the extra width makes it even harder to use in narrow spaces. The extra wheels are the same width as the original wheels.