The Metaltech DB 8 is a Tipper available in Farming Simulator 17. It is the smallest and cheapest Tipper in the base game. Its small capacity makes it useful only for small-scale transport. It has a hinged front axle, which makes reverse driving difficult and frustrating.
- Cheap: The DB 8 is the cheapest Tipper in the game, and one of the most cost-efficient in terms of Price per Capacity.
- Excellent Forward Maneuverability: The DB 8 has a hinged front axle, which allows it to turn very tightly and match any maneuver made by the towing vehicle.
- Light: Even when full, it is possible to tow a DB 8 with a Small-class Tractor. A good medium tractor can pull a chain of 2 or 3 of them.
- Physically Small: The side walls of the DB 8 are low enough that any machine in the game should be able to load cargo into it, including the smallest Harvesters.
- Multiple Unload Options: The DB 8 can tip its cargo out the rear door, a rear grain door, a left door, or a right door.
- Very Low Capacity: With only 8,000 Liters of holding space, the DB 8 is mostly useful for moving small amounts of cargo. For example, a single unplowed and unfertilized hectare of Wheat yields 8,900 Liters of cargo.
- Poor Reverse Maneuverability: The DB 8 has a hinged front axle, which makes it extremely frustrating to push this tipper in reverse.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Standard (+$0): Standard-width wheels.
- Wide Tires (+$400): A wider set of tires increases this Tipper's stability by a small amount.