The New Holland FR850 is a Forage Harvester available in Farming Simulator 17. It is the largest and most powerful of all available models. The size and engine power of the FR850 allow it to use all types of Forage-related equipment (Forage Headers, Tippers, etc.) with ease. On the other hand it is extremely expensive, and significantly overpowered for most purposes.
- Large and Powerful: The FR850 is a physically large model, and is fitted with the single most powerful engine found anywhere in the game. It has absolutely no problem operating any Forage Header while simultaneously towing massive fully-loaded Tippers, even up steep hills.
- Expensive: The FR850 is by far the most expensive Forage Harvester, by a margin of $99,000 over the next smaller model. The extra cost does solve some problems, but buys you a vehicle that is well overpowered for most purposes.
- Overpowered: The amount of Horsepower supplied by the FR850's engine is far more than required for operating any forage-related machines or combination of machines. Thus, the FR850 is overpowered for literally any job it can perform.
- Very High Maintenance: The FR850 has one of the highest Maintenance Costs per Day of any machine in the game. Whenever it is sitting idle waiting for the crops to ripen, it wastes a whole lot of money.
- Very Small Fuel Tank: The FR850 has a very disappointing Fuel Capacity relative to its engine. It will need to be refilled very often.
- Price: $374,000
- Maintenance Cost: $1,480 / day
- Leasing Costs: $7,480 + $18,700/h + $3,740/d
- Engine Power: 606 kW / 824 hp
- Max. Speed: 43 km/h / 26 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 1,400 L
- Front Attachments: Forage Header
- Rear Attachments: Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 13,270 kg