The New Holland T8 is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a mid-large tractor, suitable for using heavy implements and towing loaded tippers. The T8 has a very strong engine, and even stronger engine upgrades - making it one of the strongest large-class tractors in the game. It is also surprisingly light for its size, improving acceleration even further.
- Very Powerful Engine Upgrades: Each of the T8's engine upgrades increases its power output by more than 50 hp, making them some of the strongest engine upgrades available among large tractors. The price is correspondingly high, but together these engine upgrades make the T8 a very powerful and competitive tractor indeed.
- Good Acceleration: The T8 is significantly lighter than other tractors of its size. As a result, it has an easier time accelerating to maximum speed, and the low weight also helps it accelerate when towing super-heavy tippers and equipment.
Engine Setup Edit
- T8.320: No change to engine power.
- T8.380 (+$30,500 and +$61/d): Increases engine power output to 280 kW / 381 hp, making the tractor very comfortable with heavy equipment.
- T8.435 (+$57,500 and +$110/d): Increases engine power output to 320 kW / 435 hp, allowing the tractor to operate a super-heavy Plow, albeit with some difficulty.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Standard: A set of basic wheels.
- Wheel Weights (+$1,800): Attaches heavy weights to the rims of the tractor's rear wheels. Acts as a built-in Weight.
- Wide Tires (+$1,800): Slightly wider tires give a bit of extra stability.
- Crawler Track (+$20,000): Replaces the vehicle's rear wheels with a caterpillar track system. Despite the price, this does not seem to have any impact on the vehicle's performance in the field or on the road.
- Twin Wheels (+$6,000): Adds one additional basic wheel on the outside of each exiting wheel, giving the tractor a total of 8 wheels. This significantly increases the tractor's stability, reducing the chance of tipping over during sharp turns.
- Twin Rear Wheels (+$4,000): Adds one additional basic wheel on the outside of the rear wheels, giving the tractor a total of 6 wheels. This increases a bit the tractor's stability, but for the maximum stability they're reccomended the Twin Wheels.
- Price: $262,000
- Maintenance Cost: $390 / day
- Leasing Costs: $5,240 + $13,100/h + $2,620/d
- Engine Power: 235 kW / 320 hp
- Max. Speed: 53 km/h / 32 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 15 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 609 L
- Front Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 9,498 kg