The Poettinger Novacat 302 ED is a type of Mower in Farming Simulator 17. It is the only Side Mower available in the base game, and is the cheapest Mower of any kind. It can cut Grass either on the right or left of a Tractor's path, but not down the centerline.
- Cheapest: The Novacat 302 ED is the cheapest of all Mowers, at only $9,000. However, it has many disadvantages to go with this low price-tag.
- Folding: When not in use, the Novacat 302 ED can be folded into a diagonal upright position. This improves maneuverability with the tool during transit, although it puts the center-of-mass high off the ground, and could cause a light tractor to tip over during a sharp turn.
- Narrowest: The Novacat 302 ED has the narrowest Working Width of all Mowers in the base game.
- Poor Maneuverability: Because the 302 ED is offset to one side of the tractor, it is more difficult to align this mower with the Grass. Furthermore, driving around in tight areas with this tool unfolded is unpleasant, if not impossible.
- Manual Side Switching: When the Novacat 302 ED is attached to the front of a Tractor, it will cut grass on the left side. If attached to the rear of a tractor, it will cut on the right side. Switching from side to side requires detaching the tool and connecting it to the opposite side of the tractor. If you want to tow a trailer behind the tractor while working, the Novacat 302 ED must be installed on the front, and therefore can only cut on the left side.
- Price: $9,000
- Maintenance Cost: $20 / day
- Leasing Costs: $180 + $450/h + $90/d
- Crop Types: Grass
- Working Width: 3.0 meters
- Trail Width: 1.55 meters
- Tool Offset: 2.1 meters
- Max. Working Speed: 22 km/h / 13 mph
- Power Consumption: 30 kW / 40 hp
- Attachment Points: Three-point hitch
- Mass: 1,322 kg