The Ponsse ScorpionKing is a Tree Harvester available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a very expensive machine, but is by far the most powerful Tree cutting tool available in the game, suitable for heavy-duty Forestry. It can cut down Trees of any size, and has a long and powerful crane arm to drag them around and chop them into very long Logs. The only real drawback of this vehicle is its massive size.
- Can Cut Any Tree: The ScorpionKing can cut trees of any size (except decorative trees, which can never be cut). This puts it at a massive advantage over the Sampo Rosenlew HR46X.
- Long Arm: The ScorpionKing's crane arm is exceptionally long, at 11.0 meters when fully extended. It can easily reach out between trees, over obstacles, or very high above the ground.
- Powerful: The ScorpionKing's engine is fairly powerful, allowing the machine to drag very large trees around when needed. It is also powerful enough to move the bulky weight of the ScorpionKing itself surprisingly easily, even through difficult terrain.
- Can Create Long Logs: The ScorpionKing can cut logs to a length of up to 8.0 meters. 8-meter logs fetch a very good price when sold, but may require the use of a long Log Trailer like the Fliegl Timber Runner.
- Stable: The ScorpionKing weighs 23.5 tons. This allows it to remain quite stable even when pulling (or being pulled by) a large fallen tree. It will rarely topple over, and even if it does, it can easily right itself.
- Expensive: The ScorpionKing costs $317,000, making it one of the most expensive machines in the game. It is not affordable early on, but can easily justify its costs later through intensive Forestry.
- High Maintenance Costs: The ScorpionKing costs $1,640 per day. Letting this machine sit around can be very expensive. Make sure to buy it only for purposes of serious Forestry.
- Large: The ScorpionKing is a very large machine. Its size can make it difficult to move through tight areas, such as dense forests.
- Slow: The ScorpionKing has a maximum speed of only 23 km/h / 14 mph. Moving it from place to place can take a long time. Consider using a Low Loader to transport this vehicle around.
- Articulated: The ScorpionKing's forward and rear sections swivel relative to one another when it turns. The swivel action can make the vehicle harder to control.
- Price: $317,000
- Maintenance Cost: $1,640 / day
- Leasing Costs: $6,340 + $15,850/h + $3,170/d
- Engine Power: 210 kW / 286 hp
- Max. Speed: 23 km/h / 14 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 19 km/h / 12 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 410 Liters
- Maximum Tree Width: 0.64 meters
- Maximum Cut Length: 8.0 meters
- Hydraulic Arm Length: ~11.0 meters
- Attachment Points: None.
- Mass (empty): 23,445 kg